Craigmore Christian Church is a part of the network of the Christian Community Churches of Australia.
We affirm the Statement of Faith and the Doctrines of the Christian Community Churches of Australia.
Statement of Faith of CCCAust
Statement of Faith – Christian Community Churches Australia (cccaust.org)
We believe the Bible as originally given by God is divinely inspired, infallible, and entirely trustworthy, and is the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct, from which we can know that:
- God: There is one true eternal creator God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Creation: God created all things, making man and woman in His own image and for relationship with Him.
- Sin: Sin entered into the world through human disobedience following the rebellion of Satan against God.
- Christ: The Son, Christ Jesus, was born of a virgin and lived as a sinless man. Out of the abundance of God’s love the Father gave His only Son, Jesus Christ, to die to save all people from sin. Christ rose from the grave defeating the power of sin.
- Salvation: The death and resurrection of Christ brings salvation by grace through faith to those who repent, seek forgiveness, and believe in Him.
- Spirit: The Holy Spirit, following Jesus’ return to His Father in heaven, lives within those who have salvation as a comforter and guide, guaranteeing their eternal hope.
- The Church: The true universal Church is a spiritual entity composed of all individuals who put their faith in Jesus Christ. God has called individual Christians to meet together as local churches.
- Life: Those who trust in Jesus as their Lord and Saviour are called to live a transformed life and as such we have the responsibility to:
- Encourage other Christians through meeting together for worship and fellowship;
- Uphold moral directives and ethical values contained in the Bible as expressed within the context of their personal life, their marriage life (the covenantal relationship of one man and one woman), and their relationships with others;
- Share the good news to all the world;
- Be active in expressing God’s love through social justice.
- Eternity: Jesus is the only way to a relationship with God. Those who have received salvation have eternal life as joint heirs with Christ. Those who do not believe in Christ are separated from God for eternity.
- Return & New Creation: Christ will return as Lord to the earth and everyone will see him. There will be a new heaven and a new earth.
These statements we are called to believe, uphold, and proclaim to all persons in all spheres of life.
Microsoft Word - CCCAust Doctrinal Statement Ver 2003.01.docx
Our Core Values – What Matters To Us
In 2002, we studied the Book of Acts and found the following eight things are what mattered to the early church. They are also the things that matter to us too…
- the Pre-eminence and Lordship of the resurrected Jesus Christ,
- a deep, and expectant, dependence upon the Holy Spirit for His filling and empowering.
- a whole-hearted submission to the absolute authority of the Word of God,
- a dependence on, and an intimacy with God expressed through prayer, and the meditation on His Word,
- a deep commitment to fellowship with the local body of believers, characterised by submission and sacrificial service,
- a sense of calling, and a passion for the mission of reaching a lost world with the gospel of faith and repentance,
- the worth of every person, created in God’s image, tho’ tragically lost, yet for whom Christ died to redeem, in order to transform into His own likeness and powerfully use.
- the expectation of dynamic growth of the church, in number, in extent of influence, and in Christ-like character.
Our Mission – Why We Are Here
“Craigmore Christian Church exists to raise up disciples of Jesus Christ to reach a lost world.”
These words resonate with Matthew 28:19-20. They touch on both the global scope and personal depth of the Great Commission. Making disciples is the church’s business. “Raising up disciples” implies that those who are reached by our mission in turn embrace it themselves. The term “disciple” implies qualities that Jesus Himself prescribed. A New Testament disciple is someone who…
- Puts Christ first in his life and is taking steps to separate from sin
- Maintains a rich daily devotional life, and is developing his prayer life
- Continues in the Word through regular study, memorisation and application
- Demonstrates Christ’s love by identifying with and serving other believers
- Identifies with Jesus Christ and is actively sharing his faith
- Is a learner, open and teachable
Our Vision – Where Are We Going
“Vision” is seeing what it will be like when we are succeeding. The profile above paints this picture for us individually, but as a church we are aiming …
- for sustained growth and on-going leadership development through church-planting
- for an ever broadening base to send and support effective labourers for World Mission
- to maintain a congregation of 500, and a leadership core of 12 disciple-making families
- to see a new church planted and a new missionary endeavour commissioned every five years
Our Strategy – How Are We Going To Get There
Embedded in our mission statement are three steps, each of which build upon one another in turn, like the tiers in a wedding cake;
- Evangelising – Bringing lost people back to God. (See Acts 14:21)
- Establishing – Building disciples to maturity in Christ. (See Acts 14:22)
- Equipping – Developing leaders to fruitful living. (See Acts 14:23)
- When we build into others lives to help them fulfil their potential, (as Paul the apostle charged Timothy in 2 Tim 2:2).
Then the power of multiplication kicks in as Jesus intended, and the task He left us to accomplish becomes achievable.
We’re glad you found us!
We are a church that believes in the message of the gospel as found in the Bible; a message of hope, truth and love.
Like almost every church, we say we are all about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. What is the gospel? Does it really have the power to change our lives? How does that happen? If you only do one thing while you’re visiting this website, please follow the links under the tab “Meet Jesus”.
We have come to know the reality of Jesus Christ’s words, “You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free!” It is because we have proven this promise in our lives that we worship together. Our goal is to know the truth that God has revealed in His Word.
You’re most welcome to visit and join in with us as we worship God together on Sunday mornings. You’re also welcome to join in any of the other activities hosted by the church. If you do, we pray that you will find the truth of God’s Word to be encouraging, uplifting and life-changing.
Please have a look around the website for more information on the many activities that might interest you. Whether you’re an older person or a young mum, whether you’ve been a Christian for years or just interested in finding out more about God, we trust that you will find something that meets your need.
We would love to meet you in person, so come and visit, have a chat and a coffee and let us show you around. Who knows, it may just be that we can introduce you to what becomes your new church family.
We can’t wait to meet you!